Saturday 28 June 2014

Twister Complete

K and I met up for coffee and a blether yesterday afternoon after a particularly difficult week for us both.  It was good to relax and chat, share concerns and woes and talk of quilty things, drink coffee, eat biscuits and enjoy a little time for ourselves.

The quilting of the twister quilts is now finished so I can now share my photos.  As I have said before this was a particularly fun quilt to make and I loved everything about it.  The pattern and fabrics were chosen way back in the spring in Cochrane and the piecing of the top and back was done in Canmore.  I brought it back home to sandwich together and that's when, as usual, I got myself stuck.  It all lay for a while as I mulled around different ideas for quilting.  I had thought about taking it to the longarm quilter but I hadn't left the obligatory 6ins all around on the backing.  One evening I laid it all out again and the inspiration I needed came to me.  So here it is all done! 





I may still add a few more smaller circles but I will leave it be for now. K was spurred on by my jibe in my last post and she has made a fantastic job of her quilting and as I said more adventurous than mine.

Our quilt group is having a little outing next week to Kaleidoscope so I'm looking forward to some quilty retail therapy and fun choosing fabrics with others.  We have rather large appliqué project in mind for the class next session and although we all agreed on making it I think there are a few having second thoughts.   

Mark II of Squaring the Circle is sandwiched and quilted so just about on target to get it finished this week.  I'll have to give it another name though as there are no circles in this quilt!

Until next time enjoy your long days and hopefully a little crafting too.

2 comments:

margaret said...

circles have worked so well on this quilt, very nice, have a good time at Kaleidescope, and a good spend! Will check them out at the FOQ

Schulz Family said...

visiting from crazy mum quilts. What a complicated looking quilts. Great result.