Sunday 8 February 2015

A Slow Sewing Week


Just what it says on the label - everything in my leisure time (what time was that) has been going at a snails pace this week.  I have been busy doing other things so not a lot of time for stitching and I don't see any window of opportunity in this coming week either.
 
The few spare minutes I had were spent on my not so little sunrays which measure 14ins across.  As with most of my projects, which seem to evolve or fragment, this one is no different.  I had a vision for this block and how it would look in a finished quilt, however it evolved and then fell to pieces as I progressed so I am now back to basics on this one I think.  I have been hand stitching the suns to the background fabric this week so it's quite a slow process but relaxing too.  Initially I was going to machine stitch this part then changed my mind. I'm getting there though slowly but surely.



I also started preparing my Block 5.   The freezer paper shapes have been drawn and cut out and I am ready to choose the fabrics.  I mentioned there was a lot in this one, I haven't counted the pieces but they are all very small and fiddly.



.........unlike last month's block which was mostly larger pieces and fairly straightforward.



My fabric shelves did get a tidy, but sadly 'Optimus Prime' and the coordinating fabrics still lie in the bundle in their basket uncut and there they will have to  stay for a wee while yet as I can't see me getting round to doing anything with them this week.

I hope you all have a good sewing week this week and manage to find a little time for stitching.


 

No comments: