Sunday 22 February 2015

Quilt Show


This weekend is the Scottish Quilt show at  Ingliston in Edinburgh and we paid a visit.  I am not normally around for the February show so it was good to go along for some inspiration.  Many of us go along with a list of items we are searching for, hoping to be lucky enough to get a bargain.  Many are looking for new gadgets, books, fabrics to match up with ongoing projects, ideas for gifts, or just to look at the wonderful display of quilts.  There are so many talented people out there some of the quilts were stunning! 

We have a special birthday in the family this weekend and an afternoon tea party planned this afternoon and I offered to do a wee bit of baking.  Going along to the quilt show on the first morning was the only window of opportunity I had this weekend.   As expected it was very busy so first port of call was a cup of coffee to gather our thoughts and have a scan through the list of exhibitors. The regular stall holders were there and a few new and different ones too.  We bumped into a few ladies from our group all enjoying their day and eager to continue with their shopping.  It's good to have all these fabric shops together especially when we don't have many in our area. I'm looking forward to Tuesday to see what everyone bought at the show.  Unfortunately I didn't get everything on my list, I was looking for speciality threads to try but the stand which was there last autumn was not there this time. I did manage to pick up the solid fabric I was looking for (at a good price).  We found lots of inspiring ideas and projects and I'm looking forward to trying some of them out before attempting a class tutorial later in the year.

Sorry no photos today - perhaps next week.  

No comments: