Sunday 19 April 2015

Using Up The Confetti

Where are the weeks disappearing to?  I've had a good week although busy, a little bit of spring cleaning, the usual lunch and shopping trip and an outpatients visit for Dad.  So my own activities have been a bit curtailed.  I seem to be getting my own house in order very slowly and hope to start very soon on an exciting and long over due, long term project. Maybe in the next couple of weeks.

I did manage a few more Farmers Wifey Blocks - but as I said last week I was running low on the layer cake fabrics, don't want to buy more but I have lots of left over scraps.  Hmmm what to do?  Light bulb moment!  15 minutes of play.  Do you remember this post and this one shows a finished quilt (4th photo down) using the blocks?  Perfect for all those little bits of confetti.  I am very pleased with the results and three more unique blocks to be added to the mix.  You know I'm not one for throwing things away.


Kim Higgins of Biggar Stitches came along to visit us at class as arranged on Tuesday.  What a fun night!  A lovely lady with a fantastic quilty vision for the future.  Kim has a newly developed business plan and an online shop.  She is based in the next town and it's good to have a local presence for quilting notions and fabrics.  Kim brought along some of her stock and a few samples, she spoke of her dreams and how they came to fruition and plans for the future and how they are gradually falling into place.  We were all focussed and enjoying her chat and the time passed too quickly.  We had the opportunity to buy some of the pre-cuts she had brought - mini charms, charms, jelly rolls, layercakes and fat quarters, all of which she is selling online here together with all kinds of quilting notions and supplies.

I thought you might like to see my purchases  - 6 little fat quarters. Yes I know, I know, you know my mantra -  I don't like buying fat quarters -  and there were a few comments by the ladies,  but I do have a plan in mind and it is fat quarter or layer cake friendly.  Kim had not (understandably) brought bolts and I needed a solid to compliment these little attractively folded and stacked fat quarters.  Aren't they cute!  




Kim agreed to send me the Bella solid I wanted, and this little package arrived yesterday


all neatly folded, wrapped and packaged with a little note.   I don't normally advertise here but I wish Kim at Biggar Stitches all the very best and I am sure she will have a few more customers from our group. 

I best get on now and get the never ending bundle of ironing done.  I hope you all have a lovely week whatever you are doing and have time to stop and enjoy the lovely spring flowers which are appearing in the gardens.

No comments: