Saturday 15 August 2015

A New Start

This little bundle of fat eighths has been sitting on my shelf for a long, long time.  


They are Oakshott fabrics which I bought at one of the Ingliston shows a good number of years ago, when I was a rookie at this craft, and I didn't know any better.  Yes you know I don't really like pre cuts or fat anythings don't you, but I know they have their uses sometimes.  I seem to remember being given a free pattern with the bundle but having looked for it a few times unsuccessfully the little package has always been returned to its little corner unopened to sit beside two other bundles of precuts!  

On a recent tidy through my books and magazines one evening last week, I came across a pattern in one of the magazines, from a Fons and Porter Easy Quilts issue, which I thought might just make use of the bundle of blues.



These little eighths have been folded for so long it took a bit of pressing and even some steam to get the creases out before I was able to make a start.  



Start I did though and as all those who know me will be pleased to hear - this quilt will not have any green in it!  If you have a look through my gallery you will see that most of the quilts I have made to date seem to be green tones or have green featured somewhere in there. We all seem to have our own little idiosyncrasies and mine seems to be having a touch of green somewhere in the mix.

This is the first block -



I have adjusted the pattern slightly as I will be limited by the fabric I have, I am sure the range and dye lot will have changed by now.  Look out for the progress - you may need to wait a while but I'll get there, no rush for this one!

Hope you can make a New Start this week and enjoy some time stitching. 



2 comments:

margaret said...

liking this block, I often by the easy quits magazine but do not think I go this one. SWll miss the green, like you I am a green fan

Karen said...

Oh don't recall seeing this one Aud, it's not the pattern I was thinking about when you were telling me. Looks nice though. Have fun just don't think of it as a precut........just big bits of scraps!