Saturday 8 August 2015

Festival of Quilts

 
There is so much chat on social media this weekend about the FoQ which is taking place this weekend in Birmingham.  I think,  and I stand corrected if I'm wrong, this is the largest quilting show in the UK.  It is not really something I want to do but can understand why many quilters make a pilgrimage each year to the show.  Coming home with bags of quilting goodies and hopefully lots of inspiration. However I do have the privilege of having one of my quilts in attendance.  A nice surprise when I saw a photo of the Biggar Stitches stand.  No it's not competition standard by any means.  My Lace Mountain Quilt which is on loan to Kim at Biggar Stitches has closed her shop for the week to have a stand at the show and has taken my quilt with her to showcase the Zandra Rhodes range of fabrics.  I'm sure she won't mind me borrowing her photo to let you all see.  I hope everyone attending the show has a really enjoyable time and comes home refreshed with new ideas.


Photo courtesy of Biggar Stitches from their facebook page

Lace Mountain
 
It's been a funny old week this week here, I seem to have been hustling and bustling all week.  I did manage a little sewing and am now pleased to report that I have all four 'Bus Quilts' finished - all but the labels and I need to wait to see what details Miss G would like printed on them.  I have a funny feeling I may be making more of these in the future but I have been asked to curtail my enthusiasm for the moment to let her catch up.  Apologies for the photos it's a bit windy today, and sorry I didn't see the bird feeders lurking in the background. 


 
 

Hope you all have a good sewing week. 




1 comment:

margaret said...

I admired your quilt on the Biggar stand did not know it as yours though. The other quilts you have shared today are also all very nice.