Sunday 30 August 2015

Dreadful Feeling

I promised you last week I would have my blue Oakshott quilt top finished.  It has still to have a border but here it is all sewn together and up on the design wall - aka my flannelette sheet!


That little blue bundle of fat eighths turned out just fine and the shading is really quite nice when you see it close up.  Another success I think.  

What do you do when you are so tired, you can't think straight, you can't sleep or read or function properly.  This is how I have been feeling the last couple of days. I am starting to wind down, having been so busy over the last few weeks, and organising things for my holiday at last it has arrived but I have exhausted myself.  Now I am here on the other side of the Atlantic, in the middle of the Rockies, ready for a well earned break, I am suffering from terrible jet lag.  I know I am on holiday - a time for reading and relaxing but my fingers are itching already.  I can't concentrate to cut, piece and sew so I have  brought out my little pouch which I sometimes carry around just for times like this.  


A few more scrappy hexis have been produced - this is a trend which has had a revival again. This is where I started my quilting experience many years ago in the early 1980s when my boys were of nursery age.  I joined a class and was taught EPP (English Paper Piecing). I made my very first pincushion and I still have it today!  


Every now and again I go back and make a few more hexis with my scraps - who knows where they will end up or what they will turn into but for this week they are keeping me sane.  

Hopefully over the next few weeks when we are out and about I will post some photos and show you all some of the lovely lakes and mountains in the area.

Happy stitching - whatever or wherever you might be.




3 comments:

margaret said...

sorry you are so exhausted, I am sure the holiday will lift you and you will be able to sightsee and enjoy your break.

quilt looks good all the blues have worked well together.
Like you I do hexies, I did the BOM last year and also doing it this year but not sure whether will carry on next year as now I rather like scrap quilting with very small pieces so maybe hexies will have a rest. All my hexie makes I put on my blog.

Karen said...

Loving this one. Kx

Anonymous said...

I made a hexie pin cushion when I was 8! That was a long while ago but I have started again in the last couple of years as it is a lovely portable project and uses up those scraps