Sunday 20 September 2015

Sorting Scraps and Counting Blocks

One of my plans for this break was to make a scrappy quilt.  Unfortunately that's not going to happen as time is going in so quickly.  I guess summer holidays are not when most of the sewing gets done but I must admit the curtains are closing earlier and the darkness falling sooner each evening.

This week I did make an attempt to sort out the scraps which have accumulated here.........


To this ........



A bit more organised and perhaps that scrappy quilt will be made next time I'm this side of the Atlantic.

Did I tell you I'm making quilts for the twin beds in the downstairs bedroom?  Yet another ongoing project which I am thoroughly enjoying.  The pattern is from the Mod Block Magazine by Missouri Star Co.  It's a wonky log cabin and the fabrics were purchased last year from Connecting Threads, unfortunately this company doesn't ship internationally but their prices are very good.  I now have 68 blocks completed and I reckon I need 80 to make the two quilts, so I almost there.   I did lay the blocks out - but then I realised I had them all wrong.  A nice layout but not the one in the pattern!



This car knitting project was fun!  Hopefully these will keep a young man cosy during the winter months ahead - oops pun not intended.

                                          

We managed a shopping trip to the city this week too, it's always nice to see different shops in the malls and take advantage of the exchange rate which is certainly in our favour this year.  A few bargains just had to be picked up for gifts.

I hope you have all got your winter projects planned for the longer evenings throughout the coming months when it's always good to snuggle up under a quilt and get some stitching done.  If you haven't yet perhaps this is the time to start looking.  If I have my dates right I think the Ingliston Quilt Show is next weekend.  I will be giving it a miss this year but I am sure a few of you out there will be going along and perhaps will be inspired by the lovely quilts and fabrics on show.

Enjoy the week ahead. 

 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Ooh like your wonky log cabin. Fabrics look really nice together. Heading home tomorrow night but like you I think I might be giving the Show a miss too. Someone has a sleepover arranged for Saturday/Sunday do is only available on Friday but as we don't arrive home til earliest 3am on Friday I can't see us making it. Looking forward to a catch up. Kx