Sunday 13 September 2015

What a Pain

Not a lot to report this week.  Unfortunately I tweaked my back at the beginning of the week and have been in a bit  of discomfort, I have no idea what I did but thankfully it's getting better, now I just need to be careful and not do anything silly.  We have managed to get out and about and strangely enough sitting in the car was reasonably comfortable.  The sun has been shining and we continue to do things at a more relaxed pace.

So not a lot of time at the sewing machine this week,  I did manage to piece the backing for the Hardware quilt top but this is as far as it goes while I'm here.  I will be taking it home to sandwich and quilt.


I have been forced to do a bit more reading while sitting with the heat pad on my back.  Hubby bought me a quilting magazine - the Fall edition of Fons and Porter Easy Quilts which features some nice patterns especially the one called In the Middle - I've seen this one before as it was designed by a lady who's blog I follow here -  http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.co.uk. She featured it on her blog on the 28th August this is  yet another one to be added to my wish list.  I've also been browsing around the usual quilting sites online.  The Missouri Star Quilt Co have just published the next edition of  their Block magazine, so I might be tempted to buy the digital edition for some more reading material and to inspire me.  The only real stitching, as opposed to the virtual stitching going on in my head, has been my hexis  - but I suppose that's ok.  

We have had two really hot days which have been lovely, we sat and enjoyed the garden yesterday, unfortunately this morning it is pouring with rain - I feel sorry for everyone working hard all week when the sun shines and then when the weekend comes along it rains and curtails plans for outdoor activities, such a shame.  

Well whatever you are doing this week enjoy!

1 comment:

margaret said...

wishing you a speedy recovery with your back. I have a bad knee which is annoying as it restricts using the sewing machine except in short spurts, not happy when I cannot stitch!