Saturday 5 September 2015

Missing ..........


Thankfully we have now recovered from our jet lag and the tiredness which we had last week and are now definitely in the Canadian time zone.  We have had a good week, lots of rest and relaxation and drives out to some of our favourite spots on the warm and sunnier days.  I even made some cookies for our afternoon picnics - I don't know the last time I had time for baking.


I have unpacked my sewing stuff too - it's so good to get my machine out and set up. Everything put in its place, my machine mat and machine, cutting mat and rotary cutter, fabric boxes and rulers........eh wait a minute, where's my 6 x 24 .......... Well it's missing - I have absolutely no idea where it has disappeared to and its not where it should be.  We have had the house upside down and is gone awol.  Fortunately we have a quilting shop just down the road and I was able to buy a new one, it's one piece of equipment a quilter (at least this one) cannot do without.  

Do you remember this block?  


The kit contained these fabrics 


This is one I've been working on for a couple of years in fact when I look back my notebook it tells me this kit was bought from Connecting Threads in 2012 so this one has been a long while in the making and I am so pleased that it's now almost done.  Unfortunately when you buy a kit you need to take the fabrics you are given, and while I really liked the pattern the fabrics were a bit busy for my liking and had I known then what I know now I should have substituted and put in some solid fabric.  As a result instead of making all 35 blocks I stopped at 16. The blocks should just be joined together as is but I though I would use a nice bright sashing to break it up.  I'm now working on a strippy panel for the backing which I am piecing with the extra fabric which should have been used for the rest of the blocks and gone into the front. 



Here is my 'car project' - I always like to have something in my bag to keep the fingers moving.  I do have my hexi pouch and I bought this wool this week in our little wool shop downtown.  We are so lucky to have a sewing and knitting shop just down the road, and there is one in the next town too!


It's a bit cooler here this morning - only 5 degrees and a bit rainy.  We wondered why the heating had switched on at 7.00pm!  Hopefully the sun will come out later and warm things up.  I need to go into the basement and look out some of our winter clothes if it doesn't.  I don't think we will be sitting on the deck today.


We are enjoying the slower pace at the moment and trying to take each day without making plans so unless the clouds lift and the temperature warms up today we will have a day 'at home' enjoying a quiet day reading, sewing, knitting, sudoku and drinking coffee in the den.  I hope you all have time to stop and slow the pace this week and enjoy a bit of stitching too.

1 comment:

margaret said...

liking this wrench block but not sure abut the blocks, you have shared 2 full ones then a little of 2 others