Saturday 26 September 2015

Holidays Over

We are back!  Safe and sound after a very long day travelling.  We had a reasonable overnight flight and I managed to get a few hours sleep which is unusual for me, I usually find it difficult to sleep well on the plane.  It was good to see Techie waiting for us at the airport and I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the family over the weekend.

Sadly we left this behind - 




these blue skies are just something I would love to bottle up and bring back home with all the other gifts and things in my suitcase but I will have to make do with the photos and the memories until next time.  I might even print some photos and hang them on the wall in my sewing room.

The suitcases were almost at their limits this year coming home. I managed a few bargain pieces of fabrics to add to my stash. Of course I have plans in my head for theses pieces - but perhaps I should write them down in my notebook so as not to forget what they are!!   I also brought the Hardware quilt back (without the batting) - I did think I was going to have to leave it till next time as space was tight, however DH offered to carry it in his hand luggage. So yet another top waiting to be sandwiched and quilted.  

Before I left Canada I did manage to get all 80 blocks finished for my wonky log cabin quilts I told you about last week.  That means I can get them sewn together next spring - it's always good to have a project in progress for snowy days.

This week will be a quiet one I hope - getting the body clock back in kilter, unpacking and catching up with what's been going on here over the last month.  Hopefully a few of you will be heading to the Quilt Show at Ingliston in Edinburgh this weekend.  I am sure there will be bargains to be had, lots of inspiration, new fabric lines and there is bound to be some lovely quilts on show as always.  I am looking forward to catching up with all the ladies at class on Tuesday to see what I have missed, and finding out what everyone has been stitching over the last four weeks.

Now as the summer comes to a close and we head into the autumnal days and darker evenings I for one am looking forward to cosy nights in my sewing chair - I've certainly got lots to finish and lots planned!  How about you? Have a good week.

 

No comments: