Saturday 17 October 2015

Sew Saturday - Sew Everyday


Today is Sew Saturday, a nationwide uk day to raise awareness of sewing and local sewing and fabric shops.  The last thing I need is more fabric so no visit to our local quilting supplies shop, but  when hubby asked me this afternoon what I was going to be doing today the answer was of course sewing - its national Sew Saturday today!  .........the reply?  Well everyday is national sew day for you!  Yes indeed there is rarely a day goes by that I don't manage to do something with needle, thread, fabric and my trusty sewing machine.  Call it passion, obsession, relaxation, addiction or whatever you like but I just love it.  It's an escape, it's chill out time, it's tidy the dining room time but most of all it's my time and we all need that now and again don't we.  My frustration is that I feel slightly guilting sitting in my sewing/diningroom sewing when I could be doing housework, cooking, cleaning windows, dusting etc etc.  Chill out time is needed though for all of us and it's good to accept we need it now and again.

This morning was spent running around doing errands (for other people) and this afternoon has been me time.  I have been putting the binding on my Reel Time quilt.  I am now sitting comfortably under my quilt and my daylight lamp stitching said binding down listening to a selection of lighthearted tracks from movies, can I guess which movies?.....eh well not all of them.  

Even my top and cardi are co-ordinating with my quilt

Dear hubby has just brought me a little bowl of olives and a gin and tonic....... Heaven on earth what more can a girl ask for, sewing in her own space, peace and quiet  (well relatively).  I might even sneak a wee piece of my favourite chocolate later which I've been hiding from Canmore!!  Bliss.

Hope you have had a good sewing day too.

No comments: