Saturday 24 October 2015

One, Two, Three and nearly Four

Our Sew-in was a great success the other week at class and I forgot to report on the progress here last week.  Everyone joined in and I think we managed enough blocks on the night for about 4 tops! I will try and get photos of each of them as they are completed.  As we were running short of the background fabric I decided to improvise and changed the pattern slightly.  I have been working on quick and easy projects for some time and have completed these two.  As requested there is no batting in either of these, only a fleece on the back - more easily washed and dried for the recipients.  Sadly in my opinion i would rather put in the batting as I feel it gives more body to the quilt, but thats only my view and I know I'm in the minority on this one.  They will keep a little child cosy though I hope during the colder months ahead.




and the Reel Time quilt is finished too all bar the label.  I still haven't quite mastered the Photoshop programme and I need to install new ink cartridges before I do any more printing.



The fourth quilt is my Racing Minis which has been sandwiched and quilted this week, and now is just waiting for the binding to be cut - but that's where the decision making lies.  Should it be a red binding or a black binding......or maybe both?  Watch this space!

I feel I am in a bit of a rut - I need a challenge I think, looking at the quilts I have been sewing recently are all quite straightforward, and while I have enjoyed making them they have not been all that challenging.  So......I'm looking for a new project and will set out this week to look for something a wee bit different.

I had a lovely parcel of fabrics arrive today and I've spent some time playing with it, refolding it and wrapping it around the cardboard comic boards in readiness for stacking on my bookshelves ....what fun!




Hope you've all had fun this week doing something you enjoy.  

No comments: