Friday 20 November 2015

Another Hectic Week

Dad has now been discharged from hospital and seems to be on the mend.  It's been a very busy week visiting hospital each day which coincided with the worst November weather, cold, wet and windy. The surprising phonecall from the hospital telling me he was ready to come home and I could come to collect him on Thursday morning was a bit of a shock to me.  His house was not quite ready for him coming home but we managed to get everything back in place, his bed made up and the shopping done.  I think this UTI has been working on Dad for a wee while, but the antibiotics seem to have cleared it all up.   Today he was bright cheery and moving around much better than before.

I am in dire need of quilting inspiration - I have lost my mojo as they say and need a new project to make me think and get the grey matter working again.  I still have a few WIPs lying around but not quite so many.  I really need to find the opportunity to take a photo of my Disappearing Pinwheel Churndash which was completed last week to let you all see.

This week I didn't think I would make the quilting class due to hospital visiting but.......thankfully I managed to get there in time to take part in the tutorial Chris had organised for us.  Now as you all may know I'm a topper, a piecer,  a quilter and not a bag maker.  I don't think I have ever made a bag, this was a tutorial on making the One Hour Fabric Basket.  This uses the new fusible Bosal R form double sided fusible stabiliser.  Interesting stuff to use and I'm sure there will be plenty of uses for it found by the class.  I didn't quite manage to get it finished in the hour but I did finish it the following evening - I knew if I didn't finish it it would lie in the bundle of WIPs.  However little grandson now has a basket at grannie's house, to put his cars and books in.  I am sure it will find lots of uses over the years.





I hope you all have a quiet relaxing week - I certainly hoping mine won't be as hectic.

No comments: