Sunday 1 November 2015

No Sewing This Week

Gosh where is this year running away to - I cannot believe it's November already.  I hope you all had fun last night - don't gorge yourself on all the sweets, apples and peanuts left over from the guisers.  We had a quiet night, not my favourite night of the year and thankfully the children have all grown up and no longer come around trick and treating.  I did have just three of my pumpkins and gourds on display in the hall though.  Hubby brings them from the market mid October and they bring a nice bright splash of colour to the house 


.......... they usually last right through till Christmas until it's time for the festive decorations.  We will be counting down soon I guess.

As it says on the label no sewing this week but as I sit typing this I realise that's a lie.  I finished sewing down the binding of my Racing Minis at class on Tuesday night!  This is a bright easy and very simple pattern, the top has been finished for ages and has been waiting to be quilted.  All done now and will be a good teenage boys gift.  It's quite a big one measuring roughly  50 X 70ins


I did also manage to sandwich another of the tops sitting in the bundle waiting for the final push to completion.  This one first appeared here way back on the 1st of August!



It's another biggish one for me around 70 X 70 which was pieced with the practice blocks for a tutorial I gave at class.  This is another Missouri Star pinwheel design which used up a lot of my autumnal scraps.  The sashing background strips are Kona espresso and sets off the blocks quite nicely.  Sorry not a great photo.  The backing for this one has been pieced with lots of biggish scraps too - I had gathered a lot of brownish fabrics from my early days of fabric collecting so I took the opportunity to use them up in this very autumnal quilt.  Now the next challenge (always an issue for me) is to decide on the quilting.  Again watch this space!

It's a beautiful day today the sun is shining and making the Autumn colours glow.  It's been a challenging and very busy week for me and I know it's been a difficult week for my friends and family too.  As we start another busy new week hopefully you will find a little down time for yourself to sit and sew, craft or read or indeed just time to stop and look at the lovely colours of nature before they fade for the winter.

No comments: