Saturday 13 February 2016

Quilters Quilt .............


.............but produce so many scraps in the process.  Over the last few weeks I've been scrap busting, emptying and sorting my scrap boxes and baskets.  I have managed to empty my baskets completely, and have combined two large boxes into one, my bin is still full but that's next week's chore.  Being a thrifty bunch of quilters we are loathe to throw anything away even the tiniest piece or crumb.  Naturally enough our group of ladies produce lots of scraps as you can imagine. We need someone to come up with ideas for using them all up.  I am "it" again.  I volunteered (did I?) to come up with some ideas for Tuesday,  which I have and had good fun in the process.  I will show you what I've produced next week - there is no point in telling you now, here on this blog as I know some of the ladies follow along.  Suffice to say when I have finished the two I have been working on this week I will not be using scraps for a while.  I am itching to get going with something new and interesting and break into some of the larger pieces of fabrics sitting on my shelves.  Maybe I will try a new technique from one of the books I got at Christmas time.


So this week's progress?  Disappearing pinwheels another scrappy quilt is now finished, 

Using up scraps from the Blue Basket

Hardware is sandwiched and ready for quilting, but not this week I want to finish the quilting on Toes in the Sand first


Hardware nearing completion and is now sandwiched


Three more triangles have been quilted on Toes in the Sand and progress has definitely been made scrap busting! I have also updated my Gallery photo page so go check it out when you have finished reading this if you have a minute to spare.

The Spring Quilt Festival takes place next weekend at Ingliston, Edinburgh, Friday 19th to Sunday 21st.  I hope to get along there to see what's new and be inspired with all the lovely competition quilts on show.  I also have a wee shopping list of things I need so hopefully I might pick up a bargain or two.

Enjoy your week whatever you plan to do.



No comments: