Tuesday 23 August 2016

That Way........

I missed a post at the weekend and there was good reason.  We were travelling all day Sunday and have now arrived on the other side.  It's holiday time!  A long awaited and needed few weeks of rest and relaxation in our favourite place in the Rockies.  Yesterday was spent stocking up on the groceries and unpacking and dozing on and off throughout the afternoon.  It was a grey and drizzly day just like home, but we are hoping for some improvement during the week.  We are both awake early this morning par for the course and looking forward to a lazy day, hopefully with a little sunshine to allow us to sit on the deck.

This Way quit top is complete, although I might just put another border on, and yes - it's artistic license  its not the same as the pattern - for those who don't know me I never do things the way I'm told!

   

The HSTs from the leftovers have been pieced together and will become a small lap quilt called 'That way'. 



And I still have scraps and strips left for perhaps a little linus quilt.  

  
A great value quilt kit indeed.

I've just finished my early morning coffee so ready for a new day.  No plans, no deadlines, take it as it comes kind of day.  Reading, sewing, chatting, cooking, dozing, and repeat.  I might even unpack my sewing stuff and take a look in the boxes to see what I left behind last time.

So you may get fewer posts over the next few weeks, you may get more, you may get none!  You might get just a photograph of somewhere we've been or what I've been doing.  The posts may look funny as I am doing everything from my iPad so apologies if the font or formatting looks weird. Whatever you are up to this week enjoy!

No comments: