Saturday 13 August 2016

Which Way?

I am pleased to say I have had a more productive week.  Sewing wise at least and I suppose I have managed to keep up to date with my washing and ironing and all the other chores that need done occasionally around the house.

I am delighted to report that K has been successful in having one of her beautiful quilts accepted for the Quilt Championships at Ingliston this year.  We are all hoping she does well but to just have a quilt accepted is a huge achievement and we are all looking forward to seeing it being exhibited and hung up beside all the other quilts at the show with  K’s name beside it.  We can all now say we know someone personally who is exhibiting at the show.  Good Luck K.  We all know your work is stunning, lets hope the judges do too.

Baby Arthur’s quilt has been finished and has its label on, if it had not been so blustery today I might have managed a photo.  Tomorrow is another day!  after which all I need to do is parcel it up and ship it off to him - I hope over the years he will have hours of pleasure using it.

My Challenge quilt is finished too.  I am really pleased with it.  It has been a journey of different techniques and challenges which I have thoroughly enjoyed.  It is sometimes good to sit at your machine and put the pedal to the metal as they say but sometimes its good to take things slowly and carefully and take time to savour the moment when all the pieces come together and what your vision was on paper finally comes to fruition.  This is only a small piece as a wallhanging which in the end comes out at 17 x 24 inches, and I am happy with it!  Look out for it in my Gallery after Tuesday 6th September (This being the date we have to Show and Tell our ‘Illusions” quilts at class).  I will post it there - or I may even do a separate post about the journey.

Im sorry I'm being a bit of a tease - not able to show you pictures of my finishes just yet.  So here are a few pictures of whats been going on in my sewing space in the last few days.

This is another of the Connecting Threads Kits which was on sale and I bought for $27.  


The Pattern

A bargain I thought at the time, however it was even more of a bargain than I thought.  As I may have mentioned before these kits I have found have a generous amount of fabrics.  

Large Flying Geese


Having cut out the required pieces I realised I could make HSTs with the trimmings, 



5 inch HST's

so instead of just one quilt I am heading to make a second and maybe another with these scraps I still have 


7 x 2.5” strips and 7 5 x 6” pieces to play with and that doesn't include the sashing pieces

The progress so far

I hope your progress has been good this week and you have some time this coming week to do some stitching.

No comments: