Sunday 7 August 2016

An Unexpected Surprise

A very blustery day here although it's not been too cold.  Techie arrived home from his holidays and has spent the day in bed catching up on the jet lag.  I had nothing planned for this weekend, the washing and ironing was all up to date so the washing machine was left free for all the holiday washing!  

We had a nice surprise when we had a text to say we were having a little visitor with his Daddy.  Mummy was having a girly cake and craft afternoon out with some of her friends.  Our little grandson is growing, the vocabulary he has acquired already I think is quite extraordinary.  The bird in the garden wasn't just a bird it was a pigeon.  He loves been outdoors and we had fun exploring in the garden, we picked some lavender for his Mummy and we tied it up with a ribbon not just any ribbon but it had to be a purple one!.  Then of course we had great fun playing with all the other ribbons in the bag, waving them around and making snakes on the floor lots of giggles and good fun...........the simple things are always the best.  So that's enough to Grannie talk, what about quilting.

Not so much done this week, I managed to complete another new hexagon at class on Tuesday we've still a long way to go though.

Another blue one


My 'illusion' challenge is sandwiched and quilted and is hanging on the design wall - my maths teacher son was well impressed!  Obviously he saw what it was meant to portray. So I guess that's a bonus.

Baby boy quilt is cut out, HST done and pieced together I now just need to put the borders on.  This one is similar to the pink and grey one I did for Freya, using a different colour way.

My fabrics I bought at kaleidoscope last week have all been, scanned and documented and folded on to the magazine boards and stacked in the bookcase, ready for the next project.




I hope to continue with my challenge quilt tonight, doing a little hand stitching.  Then I might manage to sew on the borders of the baby quilt.  I hope you have all had a good weekend and are looking forward to a new week.

No comments: