Sunday 28 August 2016

What's New?

It's been a good week here, catching up with friends, visiting a few of our favourite places and enjoying the slower pace of life in general.  As we sat at the side of Ghost Lake yesterday we enjoyed the scenery, and watched the water sport activities taking place on the lake.  Folks were out and about enjoying the sunny Saturday afternoon.  Life in the fast lane with jet skis and motorboats but also some taking it much slower paddling along in their kayaks and canoes.  Fun to watch but I am one who prefers to have my feet on solid ground.  The storm clouds were brewing as you can see and by the time we returned home the raining was pouring down and the thunder and lightning was rumbling in the mountains.



I've had my first quilt shop visit - Addies in Cochrane, a lovely shop selling lots of beautiful fabrics.........yes I did buy some.  Black background, rainbow fabrics, downloaded pattern, ready to go!  


I set up my sewing machine on Wednesday night and decided to use up some scraps which have been accumulating here. Not quite sure how they will end up though, I have managed to produce 6 x 10.5 in blocks, then another 4 slab blocks with the red, yellow, blue and green scrappy strips so far.


All in all a very good week here I hope you have had a good one too.

No comments: