Wednesday 29 March 2017

Back Home

We had a lovely holiday and an enjoyable relaxing break in the mountains, we did manage to succumb to very bad colds for our first week and a half but it didn't matter too much because the weather was very snowy and cold.  we relaxed indoors sewing and reading.  We arrived home last Thursday evening after a long uneventful and reasonably comfortable journey.  Perhaps that had something do do with the overnight flight and the extra legroom and I managed to sleep well this time on the flight.  Jet Lag was minimal and I think I only had one night of middle of the night forays to the kitchen for tea and toast.

I am gradually getting back to the routine, of course we saw the family at the weekend and I had lovely Mothers Day treats.  Dad managed fine with his extra help when we were away and is looking well.

This week I am hoping to get back to my quilting, I have all these quilt tops to finish for the little arrivals due this summer.  I have almost finished Harry Hedgehog and it will be gifted soon and I will be able to show the finished result.

As you probably know I am in the process of gradually moving things around and transferring some of my quilting 'stuff' from the dining room upstairs.  This afternoon I spent some time sorting the fabrics I bought when I was on holiday.  This is the result





Did I really buy all that?  Yep! and I know I hear you all shouting - FAT QUARTERS!!  PRE CUTS!!   ah well we all have senior moments.  

I have used some of these fabrics already for the baby quilt tops I have made while on holiday so now they are all ready to go upstairs to be stored in my lovely new unit with all my other fabrics.

The clocks have changed for me twice this spring, its lovely not to have to close the curtains so early in the evenings.  Its great to hear the birds singing, its one thing you don't get in the Rockies until later as most of the birds there are migratory and won't arrive until things warm up. We even have a little Blue Tit looking at the new bird box which has been put up, hopefully we will have new residents and a new family building their nest. 

I hope you all have a lovely week - sewing might be a little slower for some of you now, gardens need tidied, grass needs cut and there are so many other Spring things needing done.  I will continue to sew - I don't know what I would do if I couldn't, and I have so many ideas and projects I want to do.

No comments: