Sunday 12 March 2017

Snow, Snow and more Snow!

It seems as though it hasn't stopped snowing since we arrived and the temperature I don't think has been above freezing.  We have both now recovered from our dreaded colds and hopefully will be out and about a bit more this week - it is supposed to stop snowing and the temperatures should start climbing a bit hopefully.  The skiers are having a whale of a time with lots of powder!

Talking of whales - this is the next quilt on the table.  Under the ocean was a fun panel which was designed to be made into a story book, I as always buck the trend.  This fabric was in the bundle I bought in Addies at Cochrane.  This of course will be quilt number two.









So what do you do when it's cold and snowy and it's too early to start sewing............ I made a lovely big pot of soup for lunch, sweet potato, cumin and ginger.  Delicious, even although I say it myself.   Then I put the oven on and pulled all the ingredients together to made a lemon drizzle cake - I've never really had much success with baking here, I've been told it's to do with the altitude, well I'm not so sure.  The lemon drizzle cake turned out just fine so I am even more convinced now that the problem with my baking was not the altitude but the old oven!






I'm pleased to report baby number one has arrived on time, Finlay was born earlier this week.  I think Hazel will need to change her name to Harry!

Well we have had hedgehogs, whales and next up on the cutting mat will be bumblebees! Isn't quilting fun!



Hmmm, I was going to say the gremlins seem to have gone for now but although I've managed to get the photos here I'm still not able to do the formatting and size the photos............oh well you just have to make do with what you've got.  Have a quiet week everybody. 




No comments: