Wednesday 1 March 2017

Hazel Hedgehog

I have admired Elizabeth Hartman's projects for a long time and have purchased a couple of her patterns over the years.  I enjoyed making the New Wave quilt which was one of her designs, remember the one with the bicycles which I donated to PHEW.  It was a fun project and turned out really well it was just that little bit different. See it on my gallery page

I also have Fancy Forest downloaded as an ebook.  This is what I call a challenge.  K at class has made a lovely crib size quilt with this pattern and while I enjoy a challenge now and again I didn't really feel up to doing every little animal.  I'm having trouble with photos tonight so here's the link for fancy Forrest  Here

Remember the outing I had recently to Kaleidoscope, well I bought some lovely fabrics to start on one of the baby quilts which had happy little hedgehogs dancing along the fabric.  I thought this would make a cheery little play mat for one of the new arrivals.  The design hat was on and lots of ideas were beginning to form in my head.  The centre block of this quilt will be Hazel Hedgehog from Elizabeth Hartman's fancy forest pattern.  I've made a start and the pieces are all cut out ready to go.  I'm looking forward to piecing this one together!  





Add caption

This blog post tonight is frustrating me, I can't get the photos to load and there seems to be gremlins preventing me formatting.  Apologies I will try again later in the week. 

Happy sewing





No comments: