Sunday 10 September 2017

Another Basket Empty

The successful stash busting and finishing off UFo's continues.  I am working through a list and that seems to make such a difference ticking things off as I go and feeling good about it too.

This is the quilt I have been working on this week and now that basket is empty.  The half square triangles were made up from some left over 5inch charm pack squares and some Dashwood Studios Flurry in cream. Just to be different I used the different colours for each side of the binding.  This is a very spotty quilt!   I finished it last night, sewing on the binding while watching Netflix and sipping a glass of well earned (well I think it was well earned) newly bottled Plum Gin.


Lots of Spots 37" x 41"

Counting Sheep was gifted to Jack this week so I can now show you the finished quilt. 

Counting Sheep 30" x 42"

Finally for this week I decided that I must do something with the shelf in the wardrobe which was full and overflowing with offcuts of Ikea fleece.  The issue is, the offcuts are not really big enough to back another quilt but they are too big to discard and throw out.  I have been struggling to think of ideas of how to use them up.  I did have a couple of pieces which I though might just work for a little pram cover or car seat cover and this is what I produced - something from nothing - the fabrics were from my leftover bin and I cheated and didn't put batting in, but now I wish I had.  I think its quite cute.

Aqua Cover 25" x 25"

Now if you have been very observant you might have noticed a new tab at the top of the page.  I have joined Instagram -  Blogging is fine but with the very nature of it you have to write a story and sometimes there are just not enough hours in the day, week, month.   My Instagram page has been set up with a view to tracking the progress of any new quilts I make.  It will be a step by step photo record of each stage of the process of my quilt making. One quilt at a time. (although I will be working on others in the background)  Well that is the plan.  So I hope you will enjoy the first quilt in the series of many more and follow my page and its progress.  Its called Refraction and it will be for Techie.

Have a good week and keep cosy and dry, the nights are already getting shorter and the lights are going on earlier I hope you have a quilt cuddle under.

No comments: