Sunday 3 September 2017

Unfinished Projects

How many projects do quilters have on the go at any one time?  That's a rhetorical question because there is no real answer.  Very few quilters I know only work on the one, in fact most folks have a number exceeding 3 and some have in excess of 10.  At the moment I think I am somewhere in between but I daren't count.  I am working my way through the baskets, my oldest to date is the Farmer's Wifey Quilt, I have started adding the sashing strips so that is progress.

The problem is these are only projects I have actually cut fabrics for and started sewing, this doesn't include the numerous kits, patterns and books with 'to do' quilts in.  it also doesn't include the ones I have seen and taken screenshots of or bookmarked on my iPad.  Without wishing my life away I wish I had more time!  Perhaps its not more time I need, but more inclination to get the chores done so I can get on with the sewing.  Maybe if I spent less time thinking about what I should be doing and actual get on and just do it.  Well the start of a new month and a new week maybe, just maybe...........

I have tallied up the quilts I have made to be delivered to the local care home with the others from our Group.  I have five complete, 




there should have been six but disaster struck last week with the Zipper Quilt below (sorry not a great photo)




which was loaded on the frame and I was getting on fine until three quarters of the way down.  All of a sudden the machine  beeped at me and jammed solid.  The needle was stuck and wouldn't move - I switched off switched on - no joy.  Well long story short after a morning gently coaxing the needle up I managed to cut the tangled mess of threads loose, cleaned it all up and rethreaded, new bobbin, new thread etc. the machine just would not stitch.  Stripped it all back again and watched carefully when I tried manually to take a stitch.  The problem was quite noticeable.  The hook was in the wrong position to pick up the thread from the needle.  So this week my machine will be heading off to the technician who hopefully will manage sort it all out for me - I hope.  



So it is all packed up and ready to go and of course I now have another UFO! which will  just have to wait until my machine is fixed.

Two more of the baby quilts have also been delivered this week - I will show them next time.  Hope the upcoming week is not as disastrous as last week.  Happy stitching 


1 comment:

Karen said...

The curse of the guilty mind.....knowing what you should be doing so you can then get to the fun stuff! Hope you get your machine sorted soon. Looking forward to having another play! Kx