Sunday 17 September 2017

Three Finishes

Did you pop over to my Instagram page to see my new project?  I am loving everything about it the pattern and the colours seem to be working well.  I am taking this one slowly and so far so good.  Follow the progress and add a few comments if you like.  It won't appear here until its done and that may be a long way away!

So I am still catching up with the UFOs.  The Farmer's Wifey Quilt is on the wall - I have been waiting for some fabric to arrive for the setting triangles.  I was a bit fed up with this one as its been around a while.  I enjoyed making the little blocks then of course it was put in a basket and left to mature.  I was just going to sash the blocks in a square but I was persuaded the blocks would look better on point.........on point it is.  This is where I am at the moment


I finished the Whirlygig Vintage Flower Connecting Thread Kit this week - this was supposed to be a table runner but as always I had more fabric than needed just for a runner so I turned it into a small lap quilt or child's quilt.  


Whirlygig Vintage 36" x 36" 


I think I may have talked about having fleece and batting leftovers lying around needing used up so this is the second Finish


Stripey Quilt as you Go 25" x 25"

This is another little pram cover or car seat cover.  I cut the fleece and batting, sandwiched them together and used up some of my strips from my leftover basket.  The first strip is laid down diagonally right side up then the second on top right side down, stitched the normal quarter inch seam , flip and press, and continue.  Not sure if this should be called quilt as you go or stitch and flip.  Whatever you call it, it worked for me and made something out of nothing again.  I have had that jelly bean fabric for ages and thought it was appropriate for the binding of this wee cover.

This week I don't suppose I will get much stitching done.  I am off to play Grannie for a few days and have fun with S.  This is the third finish and not quilting.  Its been on the needles a while and when I started this I thought it was going to be a bit big however its taken me a while - I almost gave up as I didnt think the wool was going to stretch far enough - but of course over the summer he has stretched so hopefully it will keep him cosy as the days get cooler as he travels to nursery in the car.



Until next time happy stitching.

No comments: