Thursday 24 October 2013

A Finish To Share


At Class this week we were given a tutorial on foundation piecing.  Something I have had great difficulty with and had not quite grasped the concept.  The task was a Hunter's Star, no easy task.  As L was explaining the piecing and placing of the fabrics, I suddenly had as they say 'a light bulb moment'  it all just clicked and at last after many years of unfinished  thrown away efforts it finally clicked.  I look forward to completing this project very soon. Yippee! I have learned something new this week.

 
I  am delighted to be able to show you, at last, Harry's Quilt he came to visit me today with his Mum and Dad.  Needless to say he was really not at all interested in it yet and he slept all through the visit and allowed his Mum and Dad time to chat and have a cuppa.

 
I hope Harry enjoys playing with these animals when he gets a bit older


























2 comments:

margaret said...

glad the light finally lit, I am still in darkness! will you will be returning to all the unfinished attempts now.
The quilt for Harry is great, love the splash of orange it really gives it some zap

Katelyn @ Sing While Crafting said...

Great quilt! I love the variety in your blocks and the quilting!