Saturday 5 October 2013

Back Home

Does anyone have an easy solution for jet lag apart from putting up with it or not going on long haul flights?  I know there seems to be many remedies out there, but I am afraid I haven't found an ideal solution.  Forays to the kitchen for tea and toast at 4 or 5 am can be quite normal for me after a long haul flight and I have been known to be writing class newsletters or doing a bit of reading before breakfast. I thought I wasn't too bad this time around until the sniffles started, which has developed into a head cold.  Ho hum I am feeling sorry for myself.

However feeling sorry for myself is pointless.  Roll up the sleeves and do something.  Well yesterday I rearranged my sewing room - well not exactly rearranged, just moved a table and put a bookcase in place.  Watch this space!  I have a few ideas for my fabric stash.  I don't know how you store your fabric but mine is all in boxes sorted in colours. My stash is growing quicker than I am making quilts at the moment so something needs to be done and soon, the lids won't go on properly they are too full.  I have decided that when you have them stored in boxes you seem to forget what you have, or at least I do.  Note to self: stop  buying fabric for a while.  I think I said that last year too! 

If you have been following along you will know that quite a few metres were bought when I was on holiday.  This morning I've been scanning them and saving them on my PC for when I use EQ7.  I use this software programme to help me see how my fabrics work together when planning a project.

My next task is to decide on the baby quilts I have to make. That will be my goal this month, together with making some headway with fundraising for Marie Curie Cancer Care.  I hope to start up an online shop to sell some of my finishes for the charity.

Our quilting class schedule needs a bit of tweaking too so I need to find something to inspire the class on Tuesday. Off to find my thinking cap!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't think too hard .......especially with a head cold! Kx

margaret said...

sorry can not help with jet lag, last time I flew was 2001.

Like you I have my fabrics in boxes but the day moved them into 2 very big drawers so can see them better, I am however keeping my eye open for a second hand bookcase to store them on, takes less room and will see everything at a glance, mind you my stash is not very big yet, just give me some time and I will rectify that