Wednesday 9 October 2013

Class Tutorial

Some changes had to be made to our class schedule this month.  Nothing had been arranged for last night so I thought I would show the ladies how I made my cathedral window pincushion.  Good Plan!  Except I had left my new pincushion in Canada for my sewing box there so I didn't have the sample to show, only the picture.  Undeterred another sample was cut out and we all enjoyed (I think?) a fun night and learned something new. I look forward to seeing all the pincushions when they are completed, then we could have a group photo.  What would you call a collection of pincushions? 

This time I did find a sparkly button which I think finishes the whole thing off.  Had I thought about this for a little longer perhaps I should have added a little ribbon before sewing it all up.  Given the colours it could be hung on a tree later in the year. Oops I'm not going to mention that word just yet am I?

Festive?


I also have another finish - remember some of these fabrics, sorry I can't show you the quilt just yet.

Riley Blake - Life in the Jungle is the feature fabric


The first of the baby quilts is finished and will be heading off very soon to the first new arrival, Harry.  I will reveal the complete quilt when he has had the opportunity to try it out! Congratulations to the very proud parents  E and R

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As a pincushion full of pins kind of looks like a hedgehog how about a prickle of pincushions?! Kx