Sunday 26 January 2014

Limes, Leaves and Lovehearts

I realised last night when I was thinking of what I would blog about today that I hadn't shown you this completed quilt.

Limes Leaves and Lovehearts



 
This was my first start/finish of 2014 and somehow, although I mentioned it briefly in passing, I just didn't get around to showing you the photos.  These fabrics were called Ambrosia and are from the Free Spirit line.  They were drawn from my lucky dip boxes which I am determined to deplete so I can cut into my stash and even buy some nice new fabrics. (Not that I really need any).  I still have some leaves and hearts border fabric left in my stash so something similar might appear again in the future.  Pieces were cut 4.5 x 2.5 ins and pieced together in a zig zag design.  The quilt is bright, fresh and zingy, lime green and cerise is a nice combination don't you think?  Another charity quilt for sale on My Etsy Shop.  It is a reasonable lap size quilt and measures 42 x 38 ins.  Perhaps someone might like it as a Valentine's gift but it would work for a baby, toddler, teen or adult.

I seem to have lots of blues in these boxes, so let's pull them out, sew them up and ship them out, another nice little bundle.


oops sorry about the stray thread - they just appear from nowhere
To be teamed up with some buttery, sunshine yellows to brighten up the grey days here at the moment - its windy and wet here this morning with sleet gusting through.  The birds are having a feeding frenzy at the seed feeders I guess they are finding it tough at the moment.



With a little bit of white/cream thrown in for good measure.


Check back later in the week to see which block I decide to do this time.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend I hope you manage some relaxation before a busy week ahead.



 

 

No comments: