Wednesday 29 January 2014

On the Design Wall

 
 
 
I promised you a photo of the blocks I would be making with the blues and buttery yellows.  Sorry the quality of the photo is a bit below par as it was taken  inside on the design wall and I have cropped it down a bit, but you get the idea.
 
I have actually progressed a bit further than the above photo as I am trying to finish it for next week.  This is a split hourglass block which I saw in a quilt magazine some time ago.  I strip pieced 2 x 2.5in wof strips one white/cream and paired it with a blue or yellow strip.  After pressing I used my 6.5 square ruler and cut triangles from each strip aligning the 45 degree angle line along the edge of the strip.  I joined the triangles together and I think I am happy with the result.
 
I am now able to show you Evie's quilt, the only little girl of the four babies born between September and December.  Her quilt was delivered to her Mum and Dad last night.  I hope she has lots of fun with it over the years.  Its called Kaleidoscope and the pattern was featured in The Love of Patchwork and Quilting magazine recently. I do like the colours with only a little hint of pink, I hope she does too.
 




No comments: