Monday 23 June 2014

A Small Finish

The weekend has gone by quickly again and a very pleasant one it was.  The gardening jobs were done, grass cut, plants planted and most of the dreaded weeds have gone until the next batch sprout forth.  Time spent in the summerhouse was lovely and relaxing drinking coffee and watching and listening to the birds.  

I don't feel as though I have been very productive sewing wise recently however I have managed to get through quite a few items which have been lingering on my to do list of household chores, so I feel good.  I have also gone though some boxes of photographs.  The sorting process has begun but it will be a long one and time runs off with you when you are sorting and eats into your day.  It's difficult to know the best way to organise this huge task, I think a little at a time in small batches is necessary.  One thing I do wish is that dates and places and even names had been put on these old photos.

I did manage a bright and cheery finish this week a little I-spy quilt for the Linus Project it only measures about 28 inches square but I think it will be ideal for a little one to enjoy.  
 
 
 
What do you think?

 

1 comment:

margaret said...

like the little quilt, very colourful just right for a little one. Like you I had a sort out of photos not so long ago, have hundreds of my granddaughter now 16 and only the first few are in an album, impossible to sort into order but really need to tackle them. Most I have sorted into garden, family, stitching etc and have in envelopes but there must be a better system