Sunday 15 June 2014

Jersey

Back home to grey skies and drizzle after an absolutely stunning week in Jersey.  I don't think we have ever had such good weather on holiday.  Eight days of constant sun on our backs and long evenings sitting in the garden.  We had such a relaxing holiday and our batteries are recharged for now.  We caught up with old friends and visited our old haunts, we thought we knew the island reasonably well but discovered an area which we had obviously missed on previous visits.

 

 


 

We had hoped to bring some sunshine home with us and get in to our garden to do a bit of weeding and planting however not to be at the moment.  I hope it dries up later.  Today the washing machine will be working overtime instead.

I am looking forward to my sewing again in the evenings understandably nothing was done while I was away other than my knitting and even that was limited.  I am knitting a blanket of squares - Rowan Mystery Afghan, a weekly pattern which is published on their website.  I thought this would be in ideal holiday piece, a change from socks, and it will knit up nicely into a blanket to keep someone cosy.  I have only managed four squares so far so I've got a lot more to do.



1 comment:

margaret said...

Jersey is a place I have always wanted to visit, Helen my daughter always says she will take me if she wins the lottery! Not much chance of that.