Monday 9 June 2014

Where are We?

Off on our journeys again!  Enjoying a short break on a beautiful island a short hop from home.  An island to which we were regular visitors when the boys were small.  We spent many memorable summer holidays here. Elder son learned to kayak and Techie learned to swim in the outdoor pool at the hotel.  Wonderful times full of happy memories.

We haven't been here for so many years but I feel as though it was yesterday.  All our familiar places just the same - some small changes here and there but on the whole the island remains as friendly, sunny and warm as ever in more ways than one. I think though the roads and lanes appear to have become narrower but then maybe it's my memory playing tricks on me.

We spent this evening down on one of the beaches where the boys spent many many happy hours, paddling and playing in the rock pools - it's still idyllic.  Only one other person playing on the beach with her dog then a group of kayakers paddled around the headland.  Just perfect!




As you can imagine no quilting getting done this week.  I do have my knitting with me and my hexis though.  I'm not sure if there is a quilting/fabric shop on the island. I will have to look into that - just in case we get a rainy day.  I hope the sun is shining for you this week. 

No comments: