Saturday 8 November 2014

Activities This Week

I've had a good week this week, achieving most of my goals and a few more.  It's been bright most days, which helps get the chores done.  Tuesday was my day for the housework as I had to stay at home as some parcels were being delivered.  Fortunately they all arrived in good time and I could have headed out but I had got myself engrossed in sorting again - this time family photos.  Well I am happy to say that exercise for this week is done - lots more to do but I have run out of photo sleeves for the moment.  I guess that will be another delivery next week!  

Sorting Photos
 

I have also sorted all the embroidery threads, saving most other than a few which I had managed to get in a proper tangle.  I thought at one point I was going to have to buy another storage box but I managed to fit them all in. Strangely there doesn't seem to be two shades the same, how awesome it that?  I also told you I was doing some rearranging in my sewing area here is my new storage for my quilts.


Tidy for a wee while
 
I managed a bit more of my BOM.  I didn't however make any progress with the Farmers Wifey blocks. My Mini Mosaics book arrived with my fabrics so the half moon modern quilt which I am calling 'Charmed' is now finished. I like this one bright and cheery and the inky black gives definition and makes the charms pop.  I love the spotty binding.

Charmed
 
The huge knitting project is finished too and it's gorgeous, even although I say it myself.  I loved doing it although at times I didn't think I was ever going to get it finished.  At one stage there were over 700 stitches in the round, or did I miss count, I did say it was a large project - it just needs to be blocked now, I will show you it soon. 

Today is my day for technology - I have just updated my operating system on my iPad and now need to do the same for my phone.  Then I will reorganise some files on my PC. It is so easy to forget to back up your system.  I lost everything from my PC a number of years ago, photos, patterns,  documents - all gone.  I try now every couple of months to back up my computer to an external hard drive.  Doesn't cost a lot other than a few hours preparation, I would be very upset if I lost all my stuff again.  If you don't do it perhaps you should consider it.  Although with the 'cloud' some things are stored there anyway.

The sun is shining this morning and as I sit here drinking my cuppa I see that I should really clean my windows, perhaps I will get that done too.

I hope you have a busy and productive week.  



1 comment:

margaret said...

you certainly got a lot done, all my photos need sorting too, my granddaughter now 16 I am aashamed to say are in a box, the first few months are in an album, mind you with the digital camera the later ones are stored on the computer, and yes I have just bought an external drive as I have 4 memory sticks, the hard drive is much better. The storage for your quilts looks good wonder where you got that from.