Sunday 30 November 2014

Chaos!

The country has gone mad!  What was traditionally the start of the holiday season shopping after Thanksgiving day in the US - Black Friday and Cyber Monday has arrived here in the UK only to cause all sorts of problems and issues over people trying to pick up a bargain.  I understand why human nature is such that reduced prices and sale items will always attract interest like bees to a honeypot, but why oh why does there need to be violence and angry scenes.  The roads were so busy on Friday and shopping centres and supermarkets filled to capacity.  My original plans for Friday, while waiting for Dad on his hospital visit, was to have a  pleasant wander around the shops - that all changed when I saw the local news and realised the centre I had proposed visiting had called in police to curb angry and exuberant crowds.  Plans changed.  Well I hope some folks out there got the bargains they were looking for without being hurt in the rush.

Sadly once again I cannot show you what I've been working on this week - all soon to be Christmas pressies!  I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Today I've had a lot on my to do list and I have managed to get through some of it also having time to sit and enjoy my coffee and my knitting.  I cannot believe how quickly this year has passed.  December tomorrow - I hope you have all got your Advent Calendar at the ready.  Techie will be looking for his but I have bad news - I forgot to pick one up for him!!

Have fun this week whatever you do.

 

No comments: