Saturday 15 November 2014

It's Getting Busy

A shopping trip was necessary yesterday to replenish Dad's freezer of ready meals.  It was not a very nice morning when I headed off to do the shopping.  Where did everyone come from?  I reckon everyone must have had the same thought as I did when I opened the curtains - miserable day I'll head to the shopping centre!  I guess we are now on the run up to the festive season and perhaps everyone is preparing early this year - or is it normally like this?  Oh well I got everything I needed and had a good wander round the shops spending a little here and there.  It was a typical November day wet windy and dark but although the Christmas lights are not yet switched on everyone seemed cheery and bright - no shopping frenzy yet for the masses, everyone seemed quite relaxed.

What have I managed this week - sadly not a lot really.  A lady from Project Linus is coming to visit our group this week and I have working on a few quilts to get them finished off so that she can distribute them to the children.  I think she will be pleasantly surprised by our little bundle of quilts. Here are just three of them. I will tell you next week how many we actually give her.

The Exploding Block Again!
 
I have been hand stitching small things this week, I have finished my 2nd BOM. Here's part of it.

One Little Stocking

I am trying to empty some of my baskets and complete some WIPs.  I did manage a few more Farmer's Wifey Blocks this week. No more new starts this week until I get something finished.

Four More
 
I haven't made my list of things to do yet for next week so again I will fly by the seat of my pants and see how my progress goes.

Have fun and this week whatever you are doing. 




   

1 comment:

margaret said...

such a good charity to support I am sure the linus project will delighted with your quilts. Christmas stocking looking good and the farmer wife blocks are coming along well, I have got as far as buying the book but no blocks attempted yet