Saturday 1 November 2014

A Little Dissapointed

My Mini Mosaic book didn't arrive as expected this week with my little order of fabric.  There has been a bit of a mix up.  When I ordered my book I ordered some Dashwood Studio 'flurry' fabric for the binding of the little charm pack quilt but the order has been delayed.  However these things happen and I will just have to be patient.  

I have managed to complete most of the goals I set myself last week, apart from reading my lost book.  The charm pack half moon modern quilt has been sandwiched and quilted and is now just waiting for the fabric to arrive and I will get the binding done.  Yes I probably could use something else from my stash but I have my mind made up on this one so I'll wait.  

The third exploding quilt 'All Square' is complete.  A bit windy again this morning so you will have to make do with it draped over the acer, and its taken with my phone so not ideal.  You get the idea though don't you.


Exploding Block Quilt No 3 - All Squared


Exploding Block Quilt No 2 - Sweet Memories


Exploding Block No 1 - Autumn Rays

It is amazing how, when put into different settings and colour ways the exploding block can look completely different.  We are putting some of these little blocks together at class this week for Linus Quilts and that will be the last time I will be doing them for a while.  Time to move on. 
 
The large knitting project is coming along nicely and the second stocking on the second BOM is almost complete too.  I am pleased with what I have achieved.  I have decided that listing a small set of goals is a good idea so I will continue trying this out over the next few weeks.

My plans for this week?  A little reorganising of my Sewing Space, finish the large knitting project, add the binding to the half moon modern linus quilt. (If my fabric gets delivered). Stitch down the third stocking on the second BOM and make a few more blocks of the Farmers Wifey quilt which is an ongoing long term project.  I also bought a few more bobbins this week so I will continue to sort out Mum's embroidery threads. I could go on but I better not be too adventurous.

Have a good weekend whatever you are doing - I can't believe it's November already!

1 comment:

margaret said...

7509your quilts look good shame about the book and the binding though but you have that to look forward to this week.
Plenty to keep you busy, I have the farmers wife book but it a bit too complicated for me yet and the thought of having to make all the templates is so off putting