Sunday 31 July 2016

Deliveries All Made

I managed all the deliveries last week, little Oliver's big sister took delivery of her Purple and Pink quilt with an added bonus of a little quilt for her favourite bunny made up from some of the leftovers.


The musical quilt went off to Phew.

LIttle Freya now has her quilts too, I am never sure how people will react to my quilts, especially when I'm asked to just make a quilt.  Everyone has different ideas of colours, shapes and styles so I usually make two or even three for them to choose which one they would like.  This time I made a small 25x25in car/pram quilt.  I was pleased with it but was it really what was wanted?  


Number two came into being, candy floss pink with sweet elephants, giraffes, crocodiles and lions roam this very girly playmat which was around 40ins square.  Too pale perhaps?  


I was on a roll and having great fun.  If anyone follows me here you will probably know I'm not a girly person, pinks do not normally feature in my quilts but for some reason just recently I've made a few pinks ones.  Moda Hi De Ho fabric sat on my shelf and shouted use me! So I cut up the daisies and dragonflies into squares and a few other strips of bright pastels from my stash and this cute stripey cot sized quilt materialised.  



Freya's Gran was delighted - so much so she wanted all three!!

I even managed the Linus delivery although it was a quick drop off on my way to do some shopping for Dad. Four quilts and a few knitted blankets will hopefully wing there way off to some children needing a little extra hug.  Here's just two of them



So my shelves are looking a bit bare now but no doubt it won't be too long until they fill up again.  My challenge quilt is coming along nicely and I have started yet another baby quilt tonight for a little boy this time.  

Our annual class outing was yesterday - a great day was had by those who were able to be there.  Lots of fabric, books, notions, were purchased, ideas found and stashed away in our heads for another day, cards were very flexible and purses all a lot lighter but I know, at least I hope,  I will see some lovely projects appearing over the next few weeks and months at class.  I look forward to seeing them all, I hope everyone will bring along their purchases on Tuesday to Show and Tell!

I hope you have had a productive week too.

No comments: