Sunday 23 March 2014

All Good Things Must Come To An End

We are heading off home on Wednesday so the next few days will be packing up, tidying and cleaning the house and putting all my sewing things away for next time.  We have had a lovely holiday and have enjoyed our Spring break in Canmore, but it will be good to go home to see our family and all my quilty friends at class.

So my quilting achievements this holiday are as follows: I have completed three and a half quilts, 

Fall in the City


Allsorts


Flirty Pinwheels

The last one Flirty Pinwheels, is made up from the HST's left over from Twister.  


Twister is not quite finished, the top is finished and the backing pieced - I am taking it home to sandwich as it will save me a bit of bulk in the suitcase. More room for fabrics!

Three gloves and a cuff,


One and a bit knitted 20 x 24in preemie blankets for the Linus Project.  This is knitting I keep in the car for odd moments I feet the need to keep my hands busy.  I also made a few hexies and stitched a little bit of embroidery.


....and then of course there is Hardware - I put these blocks away earlier in the holiday but I brought them back out again this week and completed a few more.  They are not the cheeriest of fabrics, I still think they are too dull and busy for this block which I do like and is a good boy's block.  I might try it sometime in other fabrics.  In the meantime it will be put in the WIP box for my next visit.  I do think Best Press saved this one.  Due to the small pieces and the number of seams I wasn't happy with the way the initial finished blocks looked.  When I sprayed the finished blocks and repressed them with best press there was a remarkable difference - it's still my best friend!

I have also had two really fun days at Addies in Cochrane AB, with BA Jansen, a longarm quilter who gave me instruction on how to quilt using her APQS Millie. This was a first for me but I hope it won't be my last.  I really enjoyed quilting Allsorts using the machine with the pantograph and I just love the look of the stitching on the quilt.  Thanks again to all the lovely ladies there who made me so welcome especially BA.

This will be the last post from here - I will not manage a midweek post this week.  Next week if jet lag allows I will be posting from the other side of the Atlantic.

Have a good week everyone.

 

5 comments:

margaret said...

safe journey home, your suitcase will be full with these lovely quilts.

Joanne said...

What wonderful makes! I love your Allsorts Quilt!

Julia Graber said...

Yes, that "All Sorts" quilt is wonderful. Safe travels!

Julierose said...

Lovely finishes--especially like Fall in the City and those gloves--whooee--just wonderful...hugs, Julierose

QuiltCandy said...

So many lovely finishes! I love the 'flirty pin wheels quilt!