Wednesday 19 March 2014

Some Days There Is No News


........so best say nothing at all.  That's what I thought this morning when I realised it was Wednesday and time for another blog post.


Then I remembered I hadn't shown you the photos BA took on my phone while I was doing my longarm quilting. I don't often think of photo opportunities so didn't take my camera, these are taken on my phone.
 
Quilting with Millie

I'm not too chuffed that BA decided to hide!  She is a great teacher and I learnt so much.  I look forward to another lesson or two when I return hopefully in the late summer.


Finished the quilting - BA told me not to hide!

Then I remembered this little chap. While we were sitting having our afternoon cuppa by the side of Two Jack Lake yesterday he was sitting chirruping away in the tree next to the car.


Male Red Crossbill

His bright red plumage was very distinctive as was his crossbill.  His mate was a little less colourful in her more subdued yellow/green coat.


A very snowy Two Jack Lake and Rundle Mountain

The ice is beginning to melt on Two Jack Lake although the snow is still too thick on the access road to get down to the lake edge where we like to sit in the summer.

Spring is definitely in the air!
 
PS Sorry to everyone reading this earlier - I think the gremlins were at work.  Hopefully this all looks a bit better now.

No comments: