Sunday 2 March 2014

Fresh Sewing Day

It's a Fresh Sewing Day and I'm linking up today for the first time to Lily's Quilts.  As Alex and Ricky say on The Quilt Show, "It's a new day, everyday" and a new month too.  Time for a new project.

February is always a short month, this year it seems to have flown by.  We have been enjoying our break from the dull, damp, grey days in Scotland and have been enjoying blue sky days most days here, although the freezing -20c to -27c temperatures have been a shock to our systems.  It hasn't stopped us getting out and about though I do feel even more like the Michelin man by the time I'm all wrapped up in extra layers, scarves, gloves and thick jacket.

Stitching has been slowish with only one real finish this month. I finished up the totally misnamed quilt for this time of year Fall in the City.  I finally finished the hand stitching around the blocks a couple of days ago and I must say I am pleased with it. The front.....


.........and the back.


I have also managed a top finish which will be called Allsorts which is bundled up already to be taken to Cochrane (weather permitting) on Tuesday.  Watch this space to see the results later.


March always seems to me a month of new beginnings.  The days begin to get a little longer and we have more daylight hours.  The plants in the garden start to wake up and produce new growth, but here in the Rockies the plants will stay asleep for a little longer in these freezing temperatures.  Today will be a fresh sewing day.  A day playing, planning, cutting and sewing.  I hope to make a start to my twister quilt which I am looking forward to and should be a whole lot of fun.  It's -27c outside this morning so we won't be going out for a while if at all.  A good day to sew!

  

2 comments:

Karen said...

Loving both. Allsorts looks lovely and fresh. Can't wait to see it finished! Kx

mumasu said...

I love the "Fall In The City" quilt. If looked at from another perspective it could be perfect for this time of year as it is so bright and cheery :)