Sunday 30 March 2014

It Is Good To Be Back.......

....I think!  Yes it is good to come home to Techie and all the family, but sad to leave blue skies and sunny days, even though they were very cold at times.  The weather here is cold too and windy but there is a glimpse of sunshine this morning so it does feel a little warmer. All the plants in the garden are beginning to show signs of spring.  We have even found some little fritillaria which have appeared from nowhere and these little anemones are giving us a splash of colour in the border.


The daffodils are blooming too and tiny buds are appearing on the acers and shrubs in the garden.
I hope you have all bought a daffodil this month in support of Marie Curie Cancer Care.  I have a few projects in mind for fundraising in the coming months myself.  I will continue to make quilts to sell to raise funds in support of Marie Curie Cancer Care some of which can be found on my Etsy page above


I will be giving this one 


to my niece E who will be raffling it to raise sponsorship.  She is running in the Marie Curie 10k race which is talking place in Edinburgh in May and has her own designated Just Giving site here.
 
It was fun unpacking all my quilting things and settling down to my sewing space again, even although the view is not quite as spectacular.  Yes - I have been sewing already.  The ladies at the class will be eagerly??!!  awaiting the BOM for April.  I try very hard each month to stitch up the block (just to check the size and measurements I am giving them come out to the correct size) before emailing the pattern to the ladies to try out.  I am really looking forward to seeing everyone's colour schemes for the blocks we have been sewing each month over the winter.  This month will be the penultimate block.  We will need to set a date for completion as I know some ladies have been stitching as they receive the pattern and others are playing catch up.

I'm not exactly sure what I will be sewing next but hopefully by next week I will have decided and have a few more photos to share.  I must also get a few more Farmer's Wifey blocks done.

In the meantime enjoy the remainder of your weekend even though it is an hour shorter! 

No comments: