Thursday 24 April 2014

15 Minutes - May Become Obsessive

The sun is still shining and makes everything much brighter and cheerier. Except it shows up all the chores that are desperately needing done, window cleaning for one!  However that's for another day.  Today I hope to give our bedroom a good 'spring clean' this will hopefully include re-covering my headboard.  When I was out shopping on Tuesday I bought some fabric.  I have had this project in mind for some time but the right fabric had just not caught my eye.  So that is one of today's tasks.

Our class was not so busy again last night and I must admit no sewing was done.  Instead we spent our time chatting about some ideas and projects we would like to try next session. It's always fun to share books and patterns and this is what we did too.  

I had made another '15 minutes of play' scrappy block this time using the churn dash pattern - I am going to make a few more of these to piece together another quilt.  However this 15 minutes of play got me thinking (oh oh! not a good idea I hear K saying to herself)  - how many other things can you get done in a day using 15 minute bursts or 4 segments in an hour.  How much ironing could I get through in 15 minutes, could I get the kitchen floor washed in 15 minutes, clean the cooker, ok maybe not, hmm food for thought, tidying the sewing space, morning coffee in the summerhouse, may need a little longer.  This may become an obsession but it might be interesting to try it out and that way get rid of all the chores quickly so we have more time to sew.  What do you think is it worth a try?  Maybe 15 minutes is not enough to get some things done so the time segment could be stretched just a wee tiny bit.  Enough rambling.......I've had my 15 minutes blog writing!

Another fun block - didn't time this one!


The Toes in the Sand blocks are also progressing - I think I have only four more to sew before I start putting them on the design wall to see how they look.  

There is that silly snowman again on the left
 
 

I've just been out to hang my washing out it didn't take 15 minutes but I then spent the next few minutes walking around the garden.  The pink Rhodedendron at the top of the garden is just about to flourish.  I will post a picture later in the week.
 
Happy sunshine have as good a day as you can and perhaps manage a few stitches too.  I think I might make some more Farmer's Wifey blocks tonight for a change.

1 comment:

margaret said...

not sure what I do in 15 mins, do know it is not having a bath though as I love to wallow with a good book!! scrappy block works well, do not know the toes in the sand block