Sunday 27 April 2014

Catching Up

This weekend the boys are busy.  It's a golfing weekend for them!  Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am not a sporty person and I'm afraid I am not really interested in the sporting activities that go on in this household.  Don't get me wrong I am pleased that the boys enjoy and are fulfilled by their sporting events but taking part in conversations of hole by hole accounts of golfing attributes, football teams and ice hockey transfers over the dinner table just makes me switch off.  This weekend Techie has been golfing both days and hubby has gone off for a long weekend break with his friends to hit the little white ball around a few courses in the Spey Valley and Inverness area.

Not to be outdone the wives of the golfers decided we should have a treat too.  S planned afternoon tea at the very prestigious golfing venue for the Ryder Cup this year.   We had a lovely afternoon, we did have a little browse around the golf shop for J but that's as far as the golfing for the ladies went. It was good to catch up with news of our families over a leisurely afternoon tea.  Unfortunately poor F missed out on our treat as she was feeling poorly but we all agreed we would not wait so long for the next time!

So as far as the sewing goes - not a lot has been done since last time.  I did manage a couple more of the farmer's wifey blocks.


At some point today I hope to do the trial for the last BOM.  This one will complete the set.  Now it's over to you ladies of the class to come up with your very own layout and complete the top for the first Tuesday in August, when we will bring them all together to see the result of our very first Block of The Month Project.  I am really looking forward to seeing all the colour combinations and settings.

That's my 15 minutes up now so I am off out to walk around the garden to see how all the little plants are growing, then into the summerhouse for my morning cuppa.

Have a good day!   

1 comment:

Carla said...

These are so cute. I haven't worked on mine in forever!