Sunday 20 April 2014

Another Beautiful Morning

I hope you are all enjoying a fun weekend what ever you are doing.  Not eating too many chocolate eggs I hope!  

This morning our elder son is taking part in his first official Triathlon at Doonfoot in Ayrshire.  This one is not quite a Tri as there is no swimming involved this time so it's called a Duathlon.  There are three legs though, the first leg is a 5K run then a 27K cycle then another 5K run.  He has been in training for some time and I hope he enjoys his day.  Over the next few months he will be taking part in a number of charity fundraising events for Marie Curie Cancer Care in memory of his Gran.

It has been a glorious week here and we certainly cannot complain about our weather this week.  The sun has shone most days and it's lovely to hear the birds singing as we enjoy our morning coffee and afternoon cuppa sitting in our summerhouse at the bottom of the garden.  There is still a chill in the air and it's not quite warm enough to sit out - but in the summerhouse it's sheltered and it just feels as though we are indeed in the garden.  The shrubs and trees are gradually waking up and new leaves are bursting forth - I cannot wait to see the lovely fresh colours in a week or so.  Techie has also had the BBQ fired up, the earliest ever here - in Scotland at least!


15 Minute Playtime - I think that bench is needing some TLC!
 

In the Summerhouse
 
It's a bright and cheery quilt week too.  15 minutes of play has been so enjoyable - I love it.  It just shows that if you discipline yourself to 15 minutes you can get a huge amount done.  I have now completed my first little quilt which will be donated to Project Linus.  This bright star is surrounded by 2 ins squares a 3in creamy border then a 5 inch fun ducky print all finished of with lavender polka dots. The finished size is 30 x 30ins.

Every piece came from either my scrap baskets or the lucky dip boxes.  The only piece taken from my stash was the ducky border.  I think you will agree it's a great way to scrap bust!  Hopefully it will bring a little sunshine to a deserving youngster.

Now that this project is finished I will tidy up the cutting table again in preparation for the next one.  Wonder what that will be?

Let's hope the sun continues to shine for the rest of the week.  Happy stitching.

6 comments:

margaret said...

best of luck to your son on his journey, rather him than me.
Love the quilt, i have the book 15 minutes of play which I keep dipping into but have only had one go with scraps, need to build a supply up

Joanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanne said...

What a cheerful quilt and lovely scraps you've used too!
Good luck to your son!

Carla said...

Lovely little quilt. 15 minutes can produce quite a it each time. I hope your son enjoys himself. That's quite a day!

Anonymous said...

Love your little quilt! And some child is really gonna love it :).

Nicky said...

great scrapbusting