Tuesday 26 August 2014

Exploding Block continues .....

I have left my original pale pastel Exploding block behind and swapped it for bright fall colours. If you look closely and have been following my blog you will realise that this Exploding block is being made from left over scraps of my Fall in the City Quilt below.  


So you may have guessed I have flown across the Atlantic Ocean again!  We arrived a few days ago to a typical Scottish type day, dreich, wet and cool it felt like home.  Today however the sun is shining we have blue skies, I can see the mountains and I know I'm on holiday.

The sewing machine came out the other night, and as I always do I look to see what scraps and left over fabrics could be used up from previous projects before going off looking for something new.  Fall in the City leftovers just had to be used up.  So here is a selection of some of the exploding blocks so far.



Quilters have difficulty with 'random' and I am no different from any other.  The pastel exploding block is very definitely random but this time I thought I would keep all the plain squares in the centre.  We will see how it looks as the days go on.

Off out now for a drive and to enjoy this wonderful scenery.  We may have seen it so many times before but I love it just the same.




No comments: