Sunday 31 August 2014

Update on the Exploding Block

As promised the next stage of the block.  I decided to use the same fabric on all of the blocks for this round.  I did consider adding another round too but decided in the end to stop, cost may have been a factor as I would have had to buy more fabrics.



This quilt has been a very quick and easy project and even better it has used up more left over fabrics.  I did have to buy some inner border fabric but I managed to pick it up on the sale rack of the local quilt store.  I am please how quickly this has come together.  I hope your have enjoyed giving it a try too.



This has been my sewing project this week, but I have also been knitting - another small Linus Blanket for premature babies. This is a good project to keep in the car. No thought needed and you all know I can't sit and do nothing!

We have been on the look out for the usual wildlife on our travels and have seen a number of ospreys, a couple of bald eagles, lots of dragonflies, fortunately no mosquitos!


Yesterday we saw our first bear of this trip.  A beautiful big black bear of the cinnamon variation.  He was minding his own business walking along the track on the other side of a little lake where we usually watch out for the ospreys on their nest.  I think you will agree he is quite a handsome fellow.


We have had a lovely relaxing week, mixed weather, drives in the sunshine, sitting by lakes and rivers watching for wildlife, reading books, knitting and sewing and even some shopping in the city.......just what holidays are for!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love the quilt top. But I still think that bear's just too close for comfort zoom lens or not! Kx