Sunday 3 August 2014

Slow Quilting Week

I've been working on quilting my BOM quilt for class this week - it's taking me longer than I thought.  Today I hope to spend the afternoon sitting in front of my machine to try to get it finished.  The Show and Tell of this project is on Tuesday at class and although the requirement is to get the top pieced for this week I would just like to get mine finished so I can move on to something else.

I have at least three WIP projects lying in their baskets and a list of projects I would like to start.  I need to break through the lethargy and get moving again.

K and I had a little trip yesterday and had lunch out and a blether before visiting Kaleidoscope for backing and binding to finish our quilts.  The ladies in the shop were getting ready for the trip to Birmingham and were preparing scrap bags of batiks to sell at the annual quilting show.  Some of our ladies from class are making the trip next weekend and I hope they come back full of enthusiasm with new ideas to share with our class.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend whatever you are doing.

1 comment:

margaret said...

hope you get your piece finnished for your class. How lucky are you having kaleidescope nearby. I am off to the quilt festival on friday for 3 days, so looking forward to it