Saturday 27 September 2014

Baby Quilt Finished

I see it's been over a week since I have updated this blog, my apologies. There is nothing worse than clicking on someone's blog to see that there has been no news, no update and no photos.  I will try and get back into my blogging routine soon.

I am delighted to say the jet lag has gone although it did linger for rather longer than usual this time for some reason.  I am blaming it on the Dreamliner - I had been told that it was supposed to help alleviate some of the symptoms of the jet lag but it certainly did not help me this time.  I am slowly beginning to get back into my routine at home and hopefully I will get back to the sewing machine very soon on a more regular basis.  First though I need to do a bit of tidying and some reorganisation of my sewing area. I am not very good at keeping things tidy when in the midst of projects.  I try and keep each project in separate baskets but in fact it would help greatly if I actually finished some of these projects in the baskets, especially the ones which have been around for a while. My scrap bucket is full and overflowing so I need to separate that out into the appropriate baskets too.  Can I have some more quilting time please?

Four of us had a trip to the Scottish Quilt Championships, at Ingliston this weekend.  We had a lovely day out and enjoyed the company, we decided it was a little disappointing this year.  It was not as busy as I have seen it in the past and we discovered that a number of the usual trade stands were missing as there was a clash of dates and some retailers were attending another show down south.  We still managed to spend a good few hours wanderering around and admiring the fantastic display quilts.  I only bought a few pieces of fabric and some needles and probably did not spend as much as usual. Not a bad thing really.


Purchases made at the quilt show

I have finished the little baby quilt I started in Canada and I am really quite pleased with it, and yes the pink does make it pop!  It will be delivered later this weekend and  I hope Emily enjoys rolling around on it.  It's been a lovely day again today and nice to be able to get a photograph in the garden although it is a bit breezy for photos.  The acers are beautiful and beginning to change to their autumn colours as you can probably see peeking out under the quilt.


Candystripes and Pinwheels
 
 
I hope you enjoy what's left of the holiday weekend.

2 comments:

margaret said...

what a beauty the baby quilt is. Shame about the quilt show, after going to the festival of quilts all quilt shows seem to be small

Karen said...

Love the finished baby quilt. Kx